I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Brown and Blue



La belle dame


People say blue and brown don't go together - which was always something of a problem for me, as I have brown hair and blue eyes... so, what - I don't go together?!  This basic collaged card was built around the beautiful 18th century lady I found on one of my historical image trawls.  She seems to me clearly to be a theatre or opera-goer, so the music and text arrived to surround her.

And there's a K&Co vintage wallpaper style remnant - blue and brown, you see... thank you K&Co.

And blue and brown seems to be my default setting when I'm crafting: if in doubt, I'll always love it with Vintage Photo, Weathered Wood, Walnut Stain and Chipped Sapphire in the mix.  Stormy Sky is a new favourite coming up on the rails too.



Steampunk voucher




This is a card I made for my brother's 40th birthday.  In fact, it was a "voucher", containing some money for him to get some technical something-or-other for the tv or satellite or whatever.  So the idea was to have a very masculine outside, and inside the text said he could go ahead and get whatever gadget it was he was after - as men do!

I used the Tim Holtz Gears embossing folder and, having inked it with my top colours, I tore it up and scattered it around the fabulous TH Victorian tophats (though one of the three gentlemen had to give way to some gears and wheels) and Old Jalopy stamps, with the Kaisercraft Grunge stamp adding background texture.  The hinge was diecut from Grungeboard, inked to a lovely leather look, and attached with long fasteners to add some extra interest.






More blue and brown combinations to follow next time - a whole mini-album full of them.  Do come by and visit again.


Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
Goethe








1 comment:

Dianne said...

Well Miss Alison, the beautiful Butterfly, as I sit here drinking my tea on a fine Sunday morning,I now have look at your whole blog, thinking I would see how you have improved your work, but NO...
You may have gotten some new toys to use, some new products to play with, but you were BORN to do this. By getting these new things you have only expanded your talent and have been able to flight to newer heights, and I'm so glad I could witness this, thank you for that and, this week has not been good one of my friends is passing, and I haven't had the heart to get to my desk, but today I will, you have inspired me sooooo much, thank you for that too, TWEET TWEET. Have a wonderful day I will because of you :O).